A successful conference relies on enthusiastic volunteers. Why not get involved. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and NEW volunteers must submit and recent criminal record check and child and youth intervention record check. Please note: We do supply a letter for the RCMP to waive the cost of the criminal record check. Returning volunteer’s checks will be kept on file for 3 years and need not re-submit each year. Please see the following links to find out more about the wonderful conference volunteer opportunities.
*Volunteer Registration NOW OPEN*
Friday March 13, 2020
1. Registration/Information (10) (1:30-7:30 pm) Alumni Lounge
- Registering youth, handling money, writing receipts. Data Entry (both electronic & hard copy). Handing out youth delegate packages, assisting with name tags
- Answering questions and giving directions
2. Feast Set up (8) (3:30-4:30 pm) Gymnasium
- Set up for Feast on Friday – decorating, adjusting tables, stage decoration
3. Opening Ceremonies/Awards (6) (6-9 pm) DJ Cardinal Theatre
- Greeter near Theatre outer entrance
- Crowd management
- Assisting with transporting items to classrooms/volunteer room
- Ensure audience is not disruptive during the show
- Ensure guests not lost or wandering the halls, check washrooms, maintain cleanliness
Saturday March 14, 2020
4. Classroom Assistants/CA (25) – 1 shift (8 am – 4 pm) *Must be familiar with Campus
- 15 groups, 1-2 in each group. Keep clipboard (conference Agenda, extra maps, classroom info)
- Manage group behaviour & encourage chaperones to manage their youth. Help facilitator if needed. Stay with group during session. Before break, ensure all youth know where their next session is. Must be at least 1 CA in room at ALL TIMES.
- Ensure evaluations are complete before leaving the days last session. Only hand out evaluation at the end of the last session.
- Keep room tidy, change garbage out. Ensure the room is cleaned up and table/chairs are put back in its proper place.
5. Crowd Management (8) – 4 shifts (8 am, 1 pm, 5 pm, 9 pm) *Multiple shifts can be selected
- Require people to assist with management of the crowd throughout the weekend, ensure youth are in the events and not lost/roaming the halls and/or outdoors. Ensure youth are back into the sessions on time. Help the Conference /GPRC staff if need be, moving tables, running for things.
6. Runners (6) – 3 shifts (8 am, 1 pm, 5 pm) *Must be familiar with Campus
- Providing information on conference sessions and events
- Assisting with morning registration (arrive to set up at 8:15 am)
- Lunch clean up
- Familiarize yourself with College map and workshop locations
- Providing assistance to the Event Staff & College Staff
- Assisting with last minute tasks
7. Special Events – (16) Feast ( 3:30 pm – 8 pm) & Round Dance (6:30 pm- 12:30 am) Gymnasium
- Ushers. Greeters at Gymnasium and Fine Arts entrance. Maintain cleanliness. Clean Up afterward. Assist with Silent Auction set up. Set up chairs for Round Dance.
- Catered meal, Servers as we serve the guests.
- Tables will be reserved at the front for Dignitaries.
- Runners (with vehicle, in case any last minute items are requested). Auction Table, 50/50 & Raffle tickets sellers. Clean up throughout the night (garbage & bottles).
- Cleanliness, including: bathroom checks. Please keep area tidy (wipe up spills) to ensure less clean up at the end of the night. Cleaners for end of the night (picking up garbage, wiping down tables, spot mopping).
- TABLES AND CHAIRS are taken care of at the end of the night by GPRC Athletic Department, we do not not need to put away
Further questions? Contact
Darlene Lambert, Volunteer Coordinator